+Anima Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On The Road

2 posters

Go down

On The Road Empty On The Road

Post  Tara Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:33 am

Tara checked her map. The next town wasn't due for a while. She sighed, and put her map back in her handbag. She had been on the road for days, the dusty desert stretching out before her. It was probably one of the worst places to be; there was little food, little rain, and little cover at night. Good thing Tara packed a punch. No one would bother messing with her twice; it was just the first swing she had to dodge.

A lonely cloud drifted over the horizon, as the sun slowly rose from the east. Tara went to work, walking over to a small patch of brush. She knelt down and examined the leaves. They were green and glossy, if not a little dry. Meh. It would do. She pulled a little knife out of her pocket, and started digging down alongside the stem of the pant. In a matter of seconds she had removed it from the ground, roots and all. She would set up camp there.

Tara knelt down and started cutting the plant to bits, piece by piece with the knife. Afterwards, she took a little brush from her pocket and started dusting each piece off, not wanting to waster her water provisions. She poured a little cup, and dipped the brush in occasionally as she cleaned the roots. It was going to be a sweet meal.

After breakfast, Tara kept walking. And walking. And walking...And walking. And walking. Then she saw something on the horizon. It protruded from the land in a different colour than all the rock formations she had passed. This one was....green! Tara nearly jumped for joy! She kept walking at a faster pace now, towards the green formation. What was once a green blob was identified as a group of trees. It was amazing! She had no idea how lucky she was, as she ran now, towards the oasis. Once there, she saw that there weren't just trees, but remains of old, cracked walls, now run over by ivy and vines. Tara walked in further to the strange place, almost as dark as a cave. She kept exploring, and spotted a little pool, within a circle of green light. As Tara stepped forward, her eyes were hypnotized on the mysterious pool, light dancing within the shady waters. It was too late to react before she realized someone was there.
Tara
Tara

Character sheet
+Anima:: Badger

http://rum-box.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

On The Road Empty Re: On The Road

Post  Kita Moon Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:10 pm

Kita had just finished with her morining chores...hunting for food in the oasis, cutting new wood for the little fire she had every night, scrubbing the green gunk off the smooth rocks that walled the pond that was her home.She summersulted in the water joyfully, happy that she had finished early, her tail sending millions of sparkles in every direction with help from the sun. she had only stopped because of the shadow above the water, staring down into the depths of her tiny home.

what the- Kita looked intently at the unsuspecting woman, not really sure how to handle her. She hadnt been in contact with civilization for a long time, and all of her memories of it were so terrible that she never wanted to go back. She began to sink back to the bottom of the pool, but stopped, looking back at the stranger. for some reason, she seemed different from what she had remembered of civilization. she looked kind. Kita sighed, sending a few bubbles floating to the serface. why not? she thought, i have nothing to lose. except freedom. oh the heck with it! im tired of being alone! and with that, she swam to the top and jumped like the fish she was.
Kita Moon
Kita Moon

Character sheet
+Anima:: Flying Fish

http://www.xo-eternal-snow-ox.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:28 pm

((lol)))

Tara was NOT expecting that. She reeled backwards, losing her balance and slipped on the wet rocks near the pond's edge, banging her head on the cool ground.

Tara was seeing spots, the knock on her head did her no good. She thought she saw a giant fish jump out of that pond in front of her...But that couldn't be it. Nothing that big lived out here. She stood up groggily, leaning her hand against the cracked wall for support. She stumbled away from the pond's edge to regain her bearings. Her hair was wet. Darn, she thought as she rubbed her head. A quick inspection of her fingers told her that her head was bleeding a bit. "Dammit...I guess I slipped then hit my head on a rock, and imagined the whole fish thing...Still pretty funny though." She thought as she stood up and returned to the pond to clean up.

She peered closely in to the water, frowning. There seemed to be a light coming from down near the bottom...no, not coming from...reflecting maybe? She leaned her head down to take a drink, and surprisingly, the water tasted delicious. She slaked her thirst and looked at her reflection. Tara stared intensely now, as her reflection changed differently, then in to someone else entirely! There was a person in the water! People couldn't breathe underwater! She hadn't heard them come up so they must be drowning!!!!!!

Tara stood up quickly, stripping off her clothes and leaping in to the water. The cold water shocked her, and let her breathe escape a little. Tara panicked, she wasn't used to swimming. She let her hands guide her until her eyes adjusted and saw the person in the water. "I can't see her legs! She must be stuck!" She swam forward as fast as she could, almost crashing in to the startled girl. "Funny, she doesn't seem panicked. WHY WOULDN'T SHE PANIC IF SHE KNEW SHE WERE DROWNING!?!?" Tara started pulling as hard as she could to dislodge the girl. Then their eyes met, and Tara gasped. At that precise moment she ran out of breath.
Tara
Tara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:51 pm

((LOL XD))

Kita heard a large *crack* as she landed back in the water. peering her head up a bit, she saw the woman clutching her bloody forehead. oh no.. i made her do that didnt i.. feeling terribly guilty, she wanted to say something... a simple sorry, but she wasnt sure if that would make things better or worse. when the as the shaggy blonde looked toward the water, she was already near the bottom, hiding. again. the woman, still clutching her wound, looked down puzzidly at the water.

Kita had only swum the tinyest bit closer to the serface when panick struck the strangers face. the woman could have broken a record, if there was one for undressing and leaping into unknown bodies of water the fastest. the woman had almost hit her, and by the looks of it, she was scared. strangely though, it wasnt for herself. the woman jerked kita upward, her short hair moving like a jelly fish. perplexed, and utterly confused, kita tried to get her attention, tugging the arm that tugged her. the moment the woman looked down, bubbles escaped from her mouth and she stopped swimming to the top.

No. kita thought, pushing her hands on the womans chest, no no no no no no NO! it wasnt supposed to turn out like this! breath! BREATH!! almost as though the stranger could here her thoughts, water spewed from her mouth and she gasped for air. thank gosh she sighed in relief. they were both on the shore of the small pool, Kita's tail fin swishing this-way-and-that in the water, just incase she needed to escape. As she woman opened her eyes, she stared wide-eyed at the girl who had just saved her life.
Kita Moon
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:19 pm

Tara woke up to find a topless mermaid groping her boobs.

She couldn't move for a second, and just stared in to the dazzling eyes above her. Then reality sunk in. Tara jumped up so fast she beat her strip-and-dive record, almost making it look good, except for slipping on the wet moss at her feet again and knocking all her clothes in the water. She was really having a day, wasn't she? "My JACKET!" Tara yelled, catching her brown coat just before hitting the water. At that moment she was going to fall in with the jacket, except an arm shot out and caught her hand. "Whew!" Tara sighed in relief, as she recovered her jacket and put it safely far from the shore.

"Thank you so much! Ah my I don't know what would have happened if this jacket got soaked!" She said, turning to her savior, before remembering it was a topless mermaid. And she was still naked and her clothes were at the bottom of the pond. "I should...probably...go get my...clothes...." She said, inching backwards, thinking regretfully that even if she did recover them, they would be wet for hours.

Who was this girl...mermaid...thing? Maybe she was a +Anima! Did she live here? Tara guessed she didn't make a very good houseguest. She blushed deeply red, wondering what they must have been thinking.

((I should probably flag this post, but the contrasting statements and point of views are so great, it just had to be done xD I apologize if anyone finds this offensive and will remove it on request))

Last edited by Tara on Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tara
Tara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:20 pm

her brain snapped back into focus, blushing as she realised how awkward this must be.

"i-ill get them!" she stuttered as her body melted into the pond. a few seconds later, she came up with the womans clothes, looking away as she gave them to her. diving back to the depths, Kita found her cloak/dress and put fastened it halfway down as she swam back to the serface. the stranger had already gotten redressed in her soggy, dripping clothes.

the mermaid's scales melted to skin as she sat back on the shore of the pool. her eyes furrowed upwards in an apologetic 'please-dont-hurt-me' sort of way."im sorry for scaring you... please forgive me." she stood, not really knowing where to start."...my name is Kita... its a pleasure to... meet... you..." remembering to extend her arm toward the stranger. her words were very cautious and unsure, her mind thinking in overdrive trying to figure out wheather this was a good idea or not.
Kita Moon
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:30 am

"Ugh" Tara thought as she put on the soppy clothes. The whole point of her taking them off was so they wouldn't get wet. This Kita person, if she lived here should have cleaned off the stupid gunk by the edge of the pond...she had slipped like, what? Two times? Three? Yeargh...

Kita looked very apologetic, so Tara thought she should have said something. "Um, yeah, I'm Tara. I kind of jumped in there, because I thought you were drowning or something, but I guess not." She said, sizing up the girl. She was about 15 or so, and had beautiful golden hair. And apparently she was a mermaid. "Say, um...were you a mermaid about five minutes ago or am I going crazy?" She asked.
Tara
Tara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:44 pm

she had actually wanted to save me? kita thought, astonished. nobody would have ever tried saving her if they thought she was drowning... they would have thought it was a good thing.

"err..well..." should she tell the woman.. Tara? honesty is the best policy she reminded herself,"yes. i dont really know why, but ive been able to..transform.. into a mermaid ever since..." her voice trailed off, memories of her near-death experience flooding through her. she shook her head, trying to block out the painful memories. trying to change the subject, and completely focus the attention off herself, she asked, "why is that coat important? is it valuble? or have specific memories attatched to it?"
Kita Moon
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:01 pm

Tara smiled. She was warming up to this girl. "This jacket...It's all of the above!" She said, picking it up. "It's very important to me. It used to belong to someone very dear to me...Wherever I go, home is always with me. I have no regrets when I wear this jacket. In latest days, it means survival to me." Tara pointed out all the various pockets on the outside and inside. "I carry most my belongings in this coat. It fits a lot more than you think in it. It's like whatever pocket I reach is just what I need at that time...well, almost" She said, as she pulled out a package of powdered vitamins, then placed it back inside the faded brown folds.

There was an awkward moment of silence there, and Tara hugged the jacket closer, then relaxed. "Hey, Kita....Have you ever seen these before?" She pulled her wristbands off (she didn't bother taking them off when she dove in the water, they were polished leather and would dry off fast) and extended both her arms forward. Clenching her fists, dark curves and lines stretched out on the back of her palms. Strange black shapes were exposed on her hands to her wrists. They were tattoos.
Tara
Tara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:20 pm

she stared at the strange markings on Tara's hands. "I haven't... well, ive seen people make temporary marks on their body, but those only lasted for a week. tops." she then remembered the odd swirly marking she herself had gained once she first returned to her human self. "actually.. now that you mention it..." she showed the girl her inner thigh, where a large, spiked swirl creeped up towards her.
Kita Moon
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:52 pm

Tara inspected the mark. A barbed swirl pointed up her thigh. It looked very similar to her own markings, pointing up her arms.

"That's what I thought," Tara said, pausing briefly. Did this girl not know what she was? Perhaps she had lived in a small village where knowledge of the world was very restricted. "Kita, I know why you have the ability. To change, I mean. In to a mermaid. You're a +Anima! just like me!" She said, smiling at the girl. Kita looked on blanky. She had looked lonely, and her grammar wasn't that great. Tara assumed she hadn't spent time around people for a long time. Heh, but then again, neither had she.

"Just watch..." Tara said as she stood up, presented her hands, and transformed. Long black claws grew from her nails, fur sprouting from her hands and palms turning in to rough pads. Her eyes flashed a more brilliant gold as a black mask appeared on her skin, and her hearing advanced from the furry ears that had sprouted. In the light of the green oasis, it was as if an egyptian god had appeared before her, golden hair glistening wet and black claws glinting in the sun. Tara smiled at the staring Kita, and wondered what her unlikely arrival would have triggered in the girl.
Tara
Tara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:34 pm

"Whoa!" Kita watched, astonished, as the womans shape changed and became more menacing and beautiful. She fought the urge to step back, the only thing that kept her from diving into the deepest part of the pond was the never-changing look of understanding and peace in Tara's eyes. just like me... Tara's words echoed in her head. no one had ever been like her. None. The woman had finished her marvelous transformation for only a few seconds when Kita colapsed to the ground, her hands covering her face as she weeped.

"i-i-i thought- i thought i was th-the only one!" her voice coming out stutterd and mangled because of all the deep gasps she had to take to make a sentence, "i f-felt so ALONE!!" and a large cry escaped her trembling lips. it was weird for her, crying like this. she never cried, and especially not in front of people. she tried to recompose herself, but her emotiones betrayed her and she cried all the louder, saying "im s-s-so sorry" any time the sobs would let her.
Kita Moon
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:54 pm

Tara saw the girl collapse on her knees, as deep sobs racked her delicate frame.

"Shh," Tara said to the her, as her claws melted away and she pulled her towards her chest in a warming embrace. "It's alright. You aren't alone at all...There are many like you and I. Like us." She said, holding the girl as she gently stoked her hair in an attempt to comfort her. "It's okay, it's okay," Tara said as the girl apologized again and again. "There's nothing to say sorry for. More like...Thank you. We're different Kita, but we're special. Nature has given us such a precious gift, that no one else can take away...No one. Imagine it. Your life may have been better before you got you powers, but did it mean as much? Nature has given us a meaning, a task. One that we must discover for ourselves...But no one says we have to do it alone." Tara said, tipping the girl's head up and smiling. Now her eyes were wet as well. "You're so young Kita, still so innocent. You haven't done anything wrong, you're not a monster....Not like I am..."
Tara
Tara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:53 pm

Kita tried to regain control, shaking her head back and forth the tinyest ammount, dissagreeing. "a-a monster?you? you couldnt be a mon-ster! you're so k-kind!" her eyes pleaded for the woman to understand how wrong she was. she wiped a tear that fell from Tara's cheek. "thank you" she said, her sobs almost completely gone now,"thank you, thank you, thank you. i dont want to be alone... i never wanted to be alone... but i thought it was my only choice. i thought i was the only o-one!" she choked back a sob as new tears replaced the old, and she struggled to recompose herself,"but im not! y-you're living proof of that! im n-not alone..." she was trying to get used to that conseption.

"thank you," she sighed, her crying spree finally over. she wiped her tear-ridden face, wondering again how in Kolu Tara could thinkof herself as a monster.

((Kolu was what the people she left called the world.. even though it was inaccurate))
Kita Moon
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Tara Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:25 am

"I said you're so young...Listen. Sometimes, you have to use your powers in the worst ways to survive. Its not fair, its not right, but we have to use them. You say I'm kind, but that is my debt..." Tara trailed off. "We're called monsters often, but only a few really deserve that name. I named myself." She finished.

Tara pulled out of the embrace and locked eyes with Kita."You should find the others with me." Tara started again, a spark of hope entering her mind. Perhaps she could change this girl for the better. "I'm trying to find us all, and survive together. There's more than just you and I. There are people like us everywhere...The people named us +Anima, a long time ago. The name lingers to this day, and there are people out there, hiding them in fear. They shouldn't have to though. The +Anima are amazing, and should be cherished. Its what we are." Tara rubbed the tattoos on her hands."Its what we are...."

"You aren't alone, and you never have to be alone again. Treasure your innocence Kita; because right now, its all you've got."
Tara
Tara

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:30 pm

Kita contemplated the Tara's proposition. if she left, she would be leaving all that she knew. she would be leaving her home. but on the other hand, she would be alone if she stayed, and Kita hated that more than anything. there is nothing left for me here she decided.

"if it isn't too much of a burden for you, i would like to come." she left her sitting stance, "may i pack some provisions? i dont really know if there will be many animals to hunt wherever we're going." plus she needed to get her blades from the bottom of the pool. kita smiled to herself. she was less alone than she thought. her mind wandered off as she dove back into the water, wondering how many more +anima there could possobly be.
Kita Moon
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum