The Lion King

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Lion King

Post  Myō on Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:56 pm

Myō moved stealthily through the tall yellow grass of the savanna. He opened his mouth, and breathed in the scent of his quarry. It was still unaware, moving slowly without worry. Not for long. Myō had been taken in and cared for by the lions here, and one lioness had taught him the ways of the lion. Though he still belonged to that pride, he preferred to travel alone.

He took another few steps forward, and stopped. Crap. He had just flicked his tail upward. He might as well had sent up a flare. But, strange, it seemed that his prey hadn't been startled and bolted; just paused, and moved on again. Maybe it was mentally challenged. Oh well, no worries. That simply made it easier.

Digging his claws into the firm, dusty ground, he sprinted through the grass, and was just about to bite his lion fangs into its neck when he paused. Now that he was up close, it didn't smell like any quarry he hunted. He crept along, and peered through the grass. It was peering back!

"Oh," he said, sitting back on his haunches, "You're not a gazelle."

Last edited by Myō on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Myō

Character sheet
+Anima:: Lion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Lion King

Post  Kita Moon on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:19 pm

Kita had been traveling for a while, going from oceans, to rivers, to streams. she didnt really know where she was going, exactly, just that she was going. she missed her old travel companion, and wondered where the badgar +Anima was at the moment. when she had run out of currents to swim with, Kita walked through the unknown prairies. the tall grass engulfed her to her shoulders as she headed no where.

her stomache rumbled as she spotted a herd of gazelle's grazing in the grasslands. she moved swiftly toward the unsuspecting herd, knives in hand, when she spotted a piece of yellow, bushy fur shoot up from the grass. the tail fell out of sight, and kita pondered whether or not she could handle a lion. her body was on full alert to fend off any incoming attacks as she continued toward her prey. faint rustling in the grass made her stop again, this time in full defencive mode. she stared in the direction of the near-silent warning of death, the grip on her knives tightening. in a few moments, the lion's eyes were staring back.

strangely, though, they didn't look like the eyes of a lion. true, they were frightening and cold, but they were more human than lion. but why would a human be here in the savanna? she realized that she could have asked herself the same question. her contemplations were confirmed by the sound of the boys voice.

she sighed, rellieved of not becoming someone's snack. "no, im not. if you want to see gazelles, there's a herd over there." she pointed, then looked back curiously at the man. "who are you?"
Kita Moon

Character sheet
+Anima:: Flying Fish

View user profile http://www.xo-eternal-snow-ox.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:54 pm

Myō raised an eyebrow. Who was this person? In his peripheal vision, he spotted the gazelle scent that he hade mistaken this girl for. Was he down wind? No, but the wind was daigonal. How did he get confused? And who was this person? There was a reason that he lived in the godforsaken place: no people.

When he became a +anima at age sixteen, he dropped off of the face of the earth and escaped from humanity. People were annoying. As if to prove this point, when he professed that to the people at his school, they nicknamed him "Scrooge."

He narrowed his eyes and looked pointily at the woman. "Myō." he said shortly. "Why are you here?"
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:33 pm

"i was traveling and i stumbled across this place..." her stomache rumbled again, "i was about to hunt some of those gazelle when you showed up..." kita stared back to the grazing gazelles, avoiding the boy's gaze. he kept sending out these cold 'unwelcome' vibes toward her, making her feel quite small. and stupid. still watching the animals, she asked him, "well what about you? why are you out here in the wild?" her voice trying to disguise her growing tention towards him.
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:38 pm

Myō stood. He was over six feet, and he towered over the small woman. "I live here." the man said shortly. That was the truth. Before Myō had run away, he lived in a town not far from here. This was where he came when he needed to be alone, this was where he had become a +anima.

He chomped down on the toothpick that he was holding between his teeth at that time. "Listen, lady," Myō said, as her stomach rumbled again. "Humans don't come here. If I get you food for tonight and show you the quickest way out, will you leave?"

It didn't matter that he felt a kinship to this person, it didn't even matter that she was here; humans come here often enough that it isn't annoying. But he was worried if she took it to herself to make him her friend, to make him smile. The last person who did that...his Sari...no. She had to leave.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:25 pm

the man stood, looming over her as he made his proposition. why did everyone seem to underestimate her? probobly because i'm a girl kita thought.

She lifted her twin knives for Myō to see,"I think I'll be alright, but thank you for the hospitality." she smiled, being as polite as she could to the stranger,"Say, if humans don't come here, why do you live here?" maybe for the same reason that i travel alone.... Kita had never been accepted by people. the most anyone would ever say to her was a simple 'hi', and that was seldom. the only person who had ever really accepted her had gotten seperated from her a while ago.

as Kita deliberated, she noticed how his hands bore no weapons, and decided to make a proposition of her own. "how about i get us some food, and you can show me the nearest watering hole?" she was already moving swiftly towards the herd of elk, her knives poised, when she got her answer.
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:40 pm

This girl was way too snotty. This was his territory. Not some haughty woman's who thought she could best an honorary lion. A small growl tore through his lips, and he snarled, "I live here so I can keep away from the likes of you." He crouched back down; he hadn't brought back in his +anima, so he dug his claws into the floor and pushed forward. In an instant he was bounding along beside, then in front of the girl. She hadn't given him her name, he realized. Oh well, that made it easier. The good news was that she wasn't trying to be nice anymore.

He sprinted through the grass, and stopped short of the gazelles. He sniffed, and picked a weaker smelling one. He crouched, and crawled on his stomach. At the exact moment the gazelles looked up at the loud woman who was still following, he sprang. Myō landed on the back of the gazelle, and dug his claws in. As it bucked, he bit into its neck. Warm blood spurted onto his face, and with the extra grip, he reached below and onto the gazelle's stomach and tore at its flesh.

It began to falter. Finally, he cut the throat of his fallen prey. He turned around, to see the reaction of the girl.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:35 pm

Kita watched the morbid scene take place, and was both amazed by the +anima's grace, and saddened by that fact that he didn't seem to want to get along. kita caught up to one of the fleeing gazelles and danced with it, carving out its major organs until it fell, dead. she turned to the blood-stained boy and his prey and smiled a sweet smile which gravely contrasted the crimson splattered across her face.

"nice hunting." she complimented, before turning back to the her dead prey and gathering the head so she could drag it along. "so umm..." she said, not really sure what to say after his comment,"if you really dont want me here... i'll go... but may i at least eat and pack up the left overs?" Khe never liked to waste, especially sence she had no idea when she would get the chance to hunt again. she had originally hoped to stay in there for a while, since the food source seemed abundant, but she didnt want to impose if she was not welcome.
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:29 pm

Myō didn't answer. The only thought that was running through his head was why she saw the need to kill another gazelle. It wasn't like he wouldn't have shared. Lions eat a lot, but not a whole gazelle.

Her question was whether or not she could pack up the leftovers. What a stupid question. Duh, though his pride wouldn't mind extra food that they didn't have to hunt for. Myō stood, and gathered a pile of dry twigs and grass. He pulled out a piece of flint, and began to start a fire.

People came and people went. Some tried to befriend him, but left because they thought it was futile. It wasn't, really. Someone had done it before. Sari... To tell the truth, Myō didn't mind human company, but not many people had the tolerance to try and make him like them. So, Myō didn't answer. He would let her decide.

He pulled out a small knife he had jacked last time he was in town and carved out a piece of flesh. This he held over the fire he had made, and awaited her decision.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:42 pm

Kita brought her carcass by the fire and cut out a large piece of bloodied flesh, sitting as she placed it on her knife over the fire. she had always hunted for herself, so she never really knew how much other people ate. this place seemed to be his home, so she had thought that mabey he would share his food with his family, if he had one.

the boy had'nt given her an answer for the other questions, so she took the resounding silence as a 'yes'. twisting her knife around like one would a marshmellow skewer, she asked him, "would you mind if stayed? even for a little while?"
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm

Myō pulled the slab of meat out of the fire. He used a claw to cut it open, to see how pink it was. He put it back in the fire. Not sure if the silence he was creating was an unconcious effort to say no, go away you cretin, or if there was something else involved. There was no physical attraction to her, but that was how it was in the beginning with Sari.

Crossing his legs, he said, "I don't care."

Once again he pulled out the meat and checked the inside. He took a bite.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:32 pm

Myō didnt seem to like her all that much, but she was happy that she could stay. the savanna had an abundant food source, and it was very beautiful there. plus she wasnt alone again. he was an +anima, like her, so they at least had something in common. she smiled to herself, checking the pinkness of the meat as she did so, and wondered what caused the man to become so anti-social.

"..thank you," she said, "i really appreshiate it. it's been a while since i was allowed to stay in one place." Kita was never welcome anywhere. For some reason, everyone always got bad vibes about her. she would never impose on someone if she was unwelcome, so she would normally spend her nights sleeping under some body of water until morning came and someone would notice her presence. the jungle and the ocean were the only two places she was ever really 'allowed' to stay. after taking a bite out of her own meat, she remembered she forgot to tell him her name,"I'm Kita, by the way."
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:02 pm

"Mmmnn," he grumbled, partly because there was food in his mouth, and partly acknowledging her name. He swallowed, took another bite, and looked up at the sky.There were pink streaks running across a darkening sky. Night was coming fast.

When he swallowed the mouthful, he sighed, and said, "Listen, if you plan on staying here, I need you to come to the dens with me. Sleeping outside isn't safe; there are rouge lions about. I killed their leader two years ago, so they're kinda mad at humans."

It wasn't like Myō to be polite enough to offer a place to stay. If he hadn't met Sari, he wouldn't have even let her stay. But Sari had come into his life. She was a life-changing event.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon on Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:56 pm

"thank you," she smiled. perhapse he isnt such a bad guys after all... Kita thought as she finished her cooked gazelle. Once they both had finished, she put out the fire with some dirt and picked up the head of her prey. she drug the dead animal with her as he showed her to the lions dens.

"Wow," her eyes wandered around the mini caverns, "they're huge! you must really like it here, huh." she said as her sight rested on the man.
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon on Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:58 pm

((what happened to the other posts?))
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:33 pm

((I have no clue. its weirding me out.))
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:56 pm

((dun dun dun... ill try to find out what happened...))
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:20 pm

((If you cant' fix it, i'll just recap what happened in the missing posts and start again from there.))
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kita Moon on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:11 pm

((kk so for future reference: Myō brought Kita to the lions dens, specifically a minni pocket that was his 'home'. kita saw his bag of belongings and asked about it... and then....if there were any posts after that i didnt get a chance to see them before it died... sorry..))
Kita Moon

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:34 am

((Unless you posted something new, then Myō hauling her up was the last one. THat was my post, which means its your turn, Kita. Also, a shout out to anyone who is also reading this: join! It's funner with more than two people.))
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaaya on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:40 am

((sure, but i suck at join in's unless it happens at the beginning of topic))
The tall grass whispered in the breeze. The temperature was warm, the vegetation bountiful, the flower nectar sweet and succulent. To kaaya, a butterfly +anima, it was paradise. Well, at least it would be, if there were more trees Kaaya thought. Then she reminded herself that few places were as habitable as this. In fact, she even spotted a nice cave shelter. Kaaya preferred open shelters, but not when it rained or stormed so a cave would be a good choice. The girl swooped into the air for a better look. The signals coming into her antennae were mixed. She wasn't used to this place, which made it hard to determine what all the jumbled vibrations were. So many animals made it even harder to decipher. Kaaya landed again, not wanting to attract attention by staying in the air to long. She didn't know if people would be nearby, and if they were, she would stick out like a sore thumb due to lack of cover. Patting her sack of freshly cut flowers, she entered the cave. At the entrance she froze. There were 2 people in the cave. One girl with long blond hair conversing with a man who had shorter brown hair. They noticed her. Luckily her +anima had been pulled back before they saw her. "Uh... sorry for busting in... thought it was empty..." She forced the words out, fighting her shyness to at least explain why she was there. Kaaya hated how timid she was, but it was just her nature. She backed off, then turned and ran like a frightened animal.
Kaaya

Character sheet
+Anima:: Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:32 pm

When he heard the redhead's statement, Myō glanced down automatically, making sure that no lions would try to harm her. Instead, she ran away. He really preferred that there'd be no other humans in his cubby hole, and it was bad enough that it had to be a girl. Myō glanced at Kita, letting her decide.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:03 pm

She was asleep. Curled up in one corner of the cubbyhole, her foot was too close to his paper bag o' belongings. He snatched it away from her, and stowed it in a hidden corner.

Hopping down from the cubbyhole and grumbling the whole time, he walked out of the caves. The sky had gone from streak-ey pink to almost night. He looked out, his cat-like eyes helping him. The butterfly girl was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh, c'mon!" he muttered, there were so many dangers in these savannas that he couldn't list them with both his fingers and toes, and leaped into the night. What he was facing, Myō did not know.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natsumi on Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:37 pm

To say I was mad was the understatement of the century. I was furious! Someone had hunted in our territory!

You see, we had found a herd of gazelles running almost right into our lion den. There blood was pumping, they were stampeding, and they had the scent of lion on their fur. Since gazelles only run for so long after they are sure their predator is gone, that means the attack had been nearby. Some lion(s) had hunted in our territory, and I was not happy about it.

Sure, it was nice to have a large catch of game with barely having to leave the den, but it was the principle of the matter! No lion, no matter which pack they belonged to, invaded each other's territory! Sure, there were the rouge lions, but they died out after their leader was killed a while back.

Rena, the female leader of the pack, tried to assure me that it was okay, but I would not listen. My mind raced with thoughts of who could have possibly done something like this.

The closest lion pack to our den was a pack that lived in caves not too far from our den. Perhaps one of their denser lions chased these gazelles a bit too close to our territory border line. I would start there.

I race out of the den as my +anima form activates. Being that I had used my lion part for so long, my +anima form had adjusted. My normally wide and bony black wings had shrunken and flattened against my back, my ram horns and sharp tail were gone. But my claws and teeth had grown and sharpened, and I could now see in the dark.

I raise to the caves and find a teenage boy standing at the entrance, looking very annoyed. A breeze sent his scent straight to my nose. I growled dangerously low; he smelled like fresh gazelle. I walk towards the lion-smelling boy and crouch on all fours dangerously.

"It was you." I growl out.
Natsumi

Character sheet
+Anima:: Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:05 pm

Intinctively, Myō crouched and growled. This girl did not belong here. He breathed in his scent, and caught a whiff of lion!

Now, Myō had always believed that your +anima made you smell like the animal, and you could be (semi)accepted with them. Not only did she smell like lion, but also like other animals...hmmm...is it possible to get more than one +anima?

Pushing this aside, he growled again. Her scent was from the den of lions once over. Compared to the rogues, they were like kittens, and, as he had killed their leader when he was newly made, he would have the advantage if a fight erupted. Excluding the fact that he was meters from his den entrance.

"What do you want?" he growled.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next