The Lion King

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: The Lion King

Post  Natsumi on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:27 pm

His lion scent grew as I could sense adrenaline stir his blood. The tingling feeling I had when I met an +anima went off. A lion +anima, huh? Then this should be interesting.

He crouched and growled. His eyes were focused on me, but they weren't really focused on me. He was analyzing me, the jerk. Checking his odds, making conclusions! I narrow my eyes as my claws dig into the ground.

With nighttime fresh, I was not sure if he could see me very well in the darkness. Which meant he was going by smell. His strong gaze wavers a bit, and I could tell he had caught a few other animal smells coming from me. Not good.

He finally growls out, "What do you want?"

I glare at him with intensity, "You hunted in our territory. Have you not lived with the lions long enough to know that such is forbidden?"

Last edited by Natsumi on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Natsumi

Character sheet
+Anima:: Chimera

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:36 pm

Myō scratched a claw into the soft earth and bit his sharp teeth together to keep from cussing at the girl. His nighttime vision wasn't fantastic, but anybody could still see her bright-red flame of a head. If he could follow that, he could win.

"I didn't fight in your territory, missy." He spat out the last few words, "If you want someone to blame, blame the idiot of a girl I had to take in. I've been living with these guys for two years, I'd think that I'd know the rules."

Okay, yeah, he was lying. Myō wasn't fantastic at paying attention to borders. But so what?
Myō

Character sheet
+Anima:: Lion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natsumi on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:45 pm

I was about to give a come back when a roar reached my ears. It was Rena's. The same one she gave when I did something stupid. It was like a warning not to continue what ever stupid antics I was up to. My highly sensetive ears barely caught it.

My thoughts spin as I think of what I should do. I was not good at controlling my temper, but I did when Rena commanded of me to do so (like she just did). I knew why she had done it, too.

Our pack was all about laws and order. No territory invasions, no wars between packs. We did not expand our territory because we felt no need. And because of that, other packs fewed us as weak. We were far from it, and if we were into war we would be up there with the top lion packs in the savannah, because of our cunning and wit.

But we weren't. Because my pack refused to fight. And if I got into a fight with a member of another pack, and that pack declared a war on us, I would never hear the end of it. And I would be severally punished. To put it simply, fighting this guy was not an option.

Finally, I sigh in frustration and sit back on my haunches.
Natsumi

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:49 pm

Myō jutted his chin up and eyed her with one eyebrow raised. Was she...pouting?

He stood and walked over to her slowly, catching her scent.

"What are you?"
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natsumi on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:52 pm

He walks over to me and asks, "What are you?"

I glare at him, because it was the only thing I could do to this boy, "Same as you. An +anima."
Natsumi

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:54 pm

"If that's so then what's with the wings?"
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natsumi on Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:58 pm

I narrow my eyes more, if possible, and immediately deactivate my +anima. This was getting too personal. I probably shouldn't even be talking to this guy. Sure, it was cool to meet another +anima, but that didn't excuse the fact that he was from another pack.

"Why do you care, anyway? Don't you have to go take care of that girl you said you were stuck with?" I ask as I eye the cave he was standing in front of when I first saw him.
Natsumi

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Myō snorted, "If I had my way," he said, "she wouldn't be here. But she would be killed if she stayed outside, so she had to come in. Besides, she's asleep. I have to go," he said suddenly, as if he just remembered something, and he leapt off into the night.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natsumi on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:42 pm

I snorted and stood up again, "Jerk."

I take a deep breath and then activate my +anima. My blood pumps and I take off, as fast as I can go, which was much faster than any normal lion. I arrive at the lion den and approach Rena.

Her eyes were narrowed ever so slightly, an accusing expession. I shake my head and paw at the ground slightly. A sign of loyalty. Her head bows slightly, and she walks away satisfied. This was our communication. ((Can animals talk in this story? Or should I just keep using actions?))

The cubs approach my and claw at my legs, a request to lay down. I do so and they snuggle up against the curve I created. They were warm and I was happy. I closed my eyes for a short nap until I would be put on den guarding duties in what I judged to be an hour or two.
Natsumi

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:52 pm

((Just use motions))

Myō bounded forward, using his dull night vision to look for the butterfly girl.

"Where are you, you idiot," he muttered to himself, "You'll get killed if you stay outside."

Grrrrrrrrr...

Myō stopped instantly. That wasn't him, thus that was not what he wanted to hear.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:03 pm

He spun, and saw what he thought he would-not like he wanted to. Rougth, the new leader of the rogues, was coming closer to him, with at least ten other lions flanking him.

Doing a very un-lion thing, he turned tail and ran. To where, he did not know.

Luck, however was on his side that night. He came upon a den almost immediately.

"Help!" he cried.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natsumi on Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:17 pm

I open my eyes and am pulled out of the soft cradle of sleep. I did not know why, though. A glimpse of the sky told me it was not my turn to guard yet, but I kept myself awake. Suddenly, I hear something. Something, or someone, was running towards the den.

I get up and the cubs wake up, make sounds of annoyance. This, in turn, wakes the adults up. They look at the cubs, and then at me. I scratch my ear, a signal to listen. Ears prick up as we all hear running now. The adults get up and the den is active.

Suddenly, someone shouts, "Help!"

My eyes widen in shock, it was the teenage boy's voice. He approached the den, but something was behind him. I activated my +anima and my night vision shut on. I gasped, a pack of lions was chasing him. The lion in lead looked familiar ... the leader ... the leader of the rouge lions!

The adult, male lions and some of our female warriors join me at the entrance to the cave. Well all look to Rena and Koren, the female and male leaders of the pack. They were thinking, I could tell. Suddenly, as if it was rehearsed, Rena heads right and Koren heads left. They swish their tails elegantly, signaling the genders should divide up an follow them.

So we did. I went with the female warriors and we stalked to circle the right side of the running group. I looked across, Koren and his men had circled the right side. I caught what we were doing: we could completely circle them in with just a few steps inward.

But how to tell the guy what to do? ... My hair! Even in the night, it was easy to see. It was harder to see now, because I had been working on dimming the bright color down with dust and dirt. I shake my head frantically to get the dirt out. Let's just hope he catches it.
Natsumi

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Backed by many other lions made Myō feel safer, even if they weren't his. The rouge leader growled deep in his throat, and Myō responded with a louder growl, then a roar. If it was a game of testosterone right now, Myō hoped he had the advantage - he had, after all, killed their ex-leader.

In the corner of his eye, he saw a flash of red. The girl he had met lived in this den! Well don't that just beat all? But what the crap was she doing? Swinging her head around like a headbanger.

Quickly, Myō looked back at Rougth, and snarled.

The rouges began to move at him.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natsumi on Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:59 pm

Well, obviously that didn't work. I could sense him relax when he discovered he had my pack's support, but obviously the plan I had tried to convey was ignored as soon as he released a challenging growl. The idiot!

I could feel Rena falter slightly, we were hoping he would back behind our pack and let us circle in. But as the leader of the rouges and his crew began to close in, we were at a loss. If we started closing in, they would charge him. What to do?

Their was movement in the left corner of my eye, so I look to it. Zander, one of our newest male lion warriors, was fidgiting anxiously. Suddenly, he charges at the leader of the rouges. Ah, I knew sending him out here so soon was too much!

He rams into the leader and claws at its muzzle, but the leader wasted no time in digging its claws into Zander's gut. Zander flinches, giving the leader the chance to ram into him and send him flying towards the rest of the male warriors.

The female warriors close in for revenge, and I sprint ahead of them with Rena at my side. We slam into the leader, Rena digging her claws into his back and me digging my canines into his neck. I dig my claws into his legs so prevent him moving, and clamp down harder.
Natsumi

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:08 pm

Myō furrowed his brow. Unexpected, but not surprising that one of their lions jumped the gun. Now the leader was preoccupied along with every other rouge and Myō was left with no one to fight.

But Rougth looked up from his assailants, and looked at Myō. He tried to shake off the attackers, and after a few minutes of struggling, he succeded. Then the rouge lion bounded forward and clawed the nineteen-year-old in the chest.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natsumi on Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:24 pm

I only loosened a little bit; a slight change of weight. But that was all that he needed to break free. The leader of the rouges rushes towards the guy and claws him dead in the chest. Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

Although he looked a little off balance, the guy quickly recovered and swung back. I wish I could've kept watching, but I heard a wimper. I looked, Zander was being circled by three of the rouges, probably mad because he attacked the leader.

I run and slam into one, then claw at the eyes of the other. The third bites my arm hard enough that it drew blood. I wince and claw back, slamming into the second one while dodging a swing from the first. This was going to be difficult. Suddenly, the third let's go of my arm and charges at Zander.

I ram into it again, but this time pain shoots through my arm as I hear a "POP" come from my shoulder. Crap!!! I choke down the whimper that wanted to come out, it would only encourage them.

I look at Zander and meet his gaze, flicking my pupils towards Rena and Koren. Telling him to go over to them. He pauses, so I growl lowly and stomp my front "paw". He scurries off. That's taken care of. The three lions circle me alone, this was going to be a challenge.
Natsumi

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:42 pm

Blood was spilling out of the wound in such quantities that it made Myō wonder how far he was hit. Realizing he was holding his breath, Myō gasped, and looked at the battle before him. The girl was fighting three lions by herself. Okay, now, where's the justice in that?

As rapidly as he could, Myō moved behind one of her assailants, and, with one hand, (as the other was clutching his chest) he swung down on the lions neck, causing it to go down.

That was when the light disappeared and Myō hit the ground, fainted.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natsumi on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:00 pm

He took one of them down. With a single swing. I waste no time in recovering, and latch onto the neck of one of the others. I bite down as hard as I can and swing my head rapidly. The lion falls the the ground, dead.

The third lion retreats, so I look back to thank the guy ... just in time to see him fall to the ground, unconcious. No time to think, I walk up to his body and stand in front of it protectively as I look around for enemies. But there were none.

The rouges were retreating, one by one, until their entire pack was heading away from our den. Koren releases a mighty roar of a threat, and they begin sprinting. Our pack begins heading back into the den to check for damage.

Rena walks up to me and looks at the guy. I flip him over and study the wound. I didn't have to be a doctor to know that he needed one. I meet Rena's glance, and then travel over to a certain direction. The way to town. Rena bows her head, saying she granted me permission.

I carefully pick him up and sprawl him over my back. Dang it, what the heck did this guy eat?! And even when I straightened up more, his feet still dragged on the ground. But this was the best I could do. I begin sprinting towards the village closest to us.

I knew it would be bad to enter the hospital with my +anima on, so I sneak through town and stop in an alley-way right next to the hospital to deactivate it. I almost topple under his weight. He was twice as heavy now that I didn't have my +anima charged muscles to help me.

I set him against the wall and shake his shoulder frantically, "Wake up!"

Last edited by Natsumi on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Natsumi

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Myō was having weirder dreams than usual. Strange ones, with pulsing colors in the background - from lime green to neon pink to shining white to strangled purple to bloody red. And his head hurt, too, badly. But not as bad at his chest. Why did his chest hurt? Especially by his heart.

He moaned, or at least he think he did. He heard someone's worried voice, then it was gone.

Then he was flying - but he was running and he wasn't a bird +anima.

And then, the worst one. Sari appeared. She smiled warmly; soft golden light behind her, lighting up her thick chestnut hair; and reached her hand out to him. She spoke, but he couldn't hear her. That was it, then. He was dying, or already dead.

Then he was pushed out of the stupor. Sari whirled away, and Myō blearily opened his eyes as he heard someone say something.

"What are you doing?" he asked, his voice rough.

"Saving you," the girl said - the same one! She just wouldn't leave.

"Dun need to be save..." he muttered. Though he did. Sari had told him not to die. He couldn't die...

"Yeah, you do. Take away your +anima and you'll live. Please."

Slowly, Myō's tail was sucked away, his nails filed down and his teeth went back to normal - and he was more human than he had been for two years.

Last edited by Myō on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natsumi on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:11 pm

He deactivated, and then slumped to one side. He had fainted again. But this time I had no reason to wake him. I finally got him positioned on my back again, and dragged him into the hospital.
He had been asleep for about two hours straight. The doctors had cared for him, although they said he would hurt when he woke up. We were in a hospital room, my left arm in a sling as I found out my shoulder had been dislocated. They snapped it back into place and told me not to use it for at least a week.

When they told me I could go home, I refused and said I would wait for him to wake up. Why? Not a clue. Maybe because he could have done something stupid to make his current condition (not just his health condition) worse. I really don't know. But what ever it is, here I am; sitting in a chair in his hospital room.

I was tired, and before I noticed it my eyes were closed and I was asleep. The sound of sheets rustling wakes me up, and I immediately open my eyes. He was awake.
Natsumi

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:09 am

Myō did not like the smell of hospitals. They smelled like medicine, linoleum, and death. He scrunched up his eyes; half-hoping he'd appear somewhere else, not stuck in a bed with paper sheets and his chest wrapped up so tight he could barely breath; and half-trying-to-move-the-bright-light-over-his-head-with-his-fake-mind-powers.

Slowly, he opened his eyes, and the sight of the bright, fakely cheery hospital walls sent a chill down his constricted spine. He heard a cough and he turned to the right. There, once again, was the red-headed girl.

"Are you trying to ruin my life?"
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natsumi on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:37 am

On any normal occasion, I would've punched the arrogant, ingrateful jerk right then, right there. But the pain from my arm and the exhaustion from lack of sleep gave me a strange sense of calmness.

I snort and gesture towards my arm in a sling, "I could ask you the same thing. How the heck do you think I got this thing, anyway? My pack and I were keeping you from becoming the rouges' next meal."
Natsumi

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:56 am

Myō turned away from her then. He tried to chomp down on his toothpick, but then he remembered that he stuck his last one in the carcass and he hadn't grabbed another one in his cubbyhole. Which made him think of Kita, who was probably still sleeping.

First Kita, appearing and forcing herself onto his last nerve, then this girl, forcing him out of his home. He gritted his teeth, and looked back at the girl.

"You can leave now." he said it like a request, but he was really forcing her to leave.
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Natsumi on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:00 pm

I narrow my eyes and was about to bite back with a comeback, but the coolness quickly flooded back into my head. My temper cooled, and so I just shake my head.

I stand up and open the door, "I'll wait outside, and don't even bother trying to escape 'cause I'll catch you. You're still healing, don't push it."
Natsumi

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Myō on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:39 pm

Slowly Myō shook his head, but the girl didn't see because she was getting up to leave. Like he had said before, everyone got bored of that sourpuss eventually. As soon as the door slammed shut, Myō jumped into action. He ripped the I.V. from his inner elbow and burst out of the bed. He strode to the window and tried to open it.

But the hospital must have expected escapees because it had no seal, no opening slot. But they hadn't expected +animas bred for fighting - tail for balance and teeth and calws for killing. He reactivated his +anima and scraped a rough circle that was Myō-sized.

Crawling through it, he just remembered to grab his pants and buttoned overshirt- his orange under one was ripped and bloody.

Jumping through, the window, Myō landed in an alleyway, and paused to put back on his clothes.

Last edited by Myō on Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Myō

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next